Skip to main content

Dear Friends,

Today I am writing to ask you to stand with me and help support Democrat Scott Murphy who is running in the special election for NY-20.  There are 7 days left in this race, and your help is needed more than ever.  The Republicans are pulling out all the stops to win this seat back- lets stop them in their tracks!

Learn how you can help Scott Murphy's campaign (click here)

Contribute to Scott Murphy's campaign (click here)

Congressman Eric Massa

Originally posted to Eric Massa on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 06:03 PM PDT.

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

Comment Preferences

•  Is it too late to contribute more? (7+ / 0-)

Will contributions at this late date be of real use to Murphy?  If so, how?  I literally don't have time for phonebanking and I live 2000 miles away.  Is there any other way I can help with little time and some money?

The money I sent you, Eric, I count on to be the best investment I've made in politics.  Thanks for representing us, and not forgetting your out-of-district constituency.

Dear Republicans: You can't repeat a lie enough to make it true.

by Dallasdoc on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 06:10:07 PM PDT

•  I had an email from Scott's campaign (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      sardonyx

today saying that they are trying to fund their final week's media buy and financial help with that and GOTV efforts this week will be really appreciated.

The search for truth is more important than the maintenance of beliefs.

by scarlet slipper on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 08:44:24 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  Scott Murphy Videos (6+ / 0-)

Thanks Rep Massa! Go Scott Murphy!

Yup they are pulling out all the stops

more here at Scott's Youtube Page

•  Flash! Breaking! Or, whatever... (4+ / 0-)

There seems to be some chance that the special election could be delayed due to inadequate time for overseas/military ballots to be counted.

From the Albany times Union:

"ALBANY — A U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit could delay next week’s special election in the 20th Congressional District because military and overseas absentee voters might not have enough time for their votes to be counted.

The complaint says the Department of Defense has determined that overseas voters need at least 30 days to receive and return ballots. The DoD recommends at least 45 days."

I have no idea how this will play out, but it's certainly an interesting twist.

Thanks for this diary and your support, Eric. Scott will be a great addition to the NY Congressional Delegation.

Whenever he gets elected. :^)

"I was so easy to defeat, I was so easy to control, I didn't even know there was a war." -9.75, -8.41

by RonV on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 06:21:40 PM PDT

•  Yes! Please rec this diary! Congressman Massa! (4+ / 0-)

You can help too!

Congressman Massa, I can not afford to donate to a campaign, so I have been phone banking and blogging on behalf of Scott Murphy for congress.

I can help in whatever ways I can.

Now I am going to ask you to do the same thing, Congressman Massa.

You have resources and the ability to help Scott Murphy available to you that we, as citizens and voters, do not have. Please make an exerted effort on our behalf to help defeat Jim Tedisco and elect Scott Murphy to the congressional seat open in NY-20. You are in a position to help accomplish this. If TV time is bought up before this weekend in the upstate NY-20 market the money would go far and have a much higher return in terms of political capital verses dollars spent.

A victory for Scott Murphy will invalidate GOP claims to authority for a while. It will also refute claims of GOP effectiveness in being able to govern well.

How a man like Jim Tedisco, who I paraphrase here, can claim "I am proud of my work on the economy over the years. Now, with this downcycle, I can really hit the ground running!'  without a crowd of booes breaking out and fruit flying on the stage I can not understand, considering that now is not the time to be very proud of the work of yesterday performed upon the economy by the GOP.

We will lose political leverage in the media and then the public if the Democratic party loses this election. The RNC Chairman has already staked his career to winning this election. This is the time to act.

If the Democrats lose this election, you can expect to see a ton of media spin on it, and eventually a sag in the polls across the party nationally. I don't desire to call for concern. I am just stating what I believe to be a possibility, a posibility we can prevent.

This election can go either way. We can win it, or we can lose it. The choice is up to us, as Democrats, to decide which one it is going to be.

We will help Scott Murphy however we can. I only ask that you and the other members of the Democratic party and the New York State Congressional delegation do the same.

"We drink liberally, they prefer a weak tea ..." quoted from ZappoDave

by MinistryOfTruth on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 06:31:14 PM PDT

•  Ok (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    dufffbeer, MinistryOfTruth

I'll help out a tad
    Go Scott

•  I have a question, Congressman (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    MinistryOfTruth

I do not want to divert this diary to a different purpose, but the opportunities to directly ask you a question here on DKos seem to be rare.

You voted against the housing bill a few weeks back, and Robert Harding came here to explain your vote.

Why Massa Voted Against the Housing Bill

Predictably, he got his ass handed to him by the folks on this site.

My query: can you provide any further clarification to his explanation for your vote, a vote which seems to be very parochial and short-sighted?

I am a warrior for peace. And not a gentle man... Steve Mason, 1940-2005

by Wayward Wind on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 07:07:02 PM PDT

•  Please add urgency to title! (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    scarlet slipper

People don't recognize the name "Scott Murphy".........

How about title:

URGENT! Elect Dem. this week!

or something......

Thanks.......

Media Reform Action Link http://stopbigmedia.com/

by LNK on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 07:39:05 PM PDT

•  I've donated twice and though (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Team Slacker

mney is tight right now it's imperative that Scott Murphy win.  Tedisco is a political hack who doesn't understand like most republicans that we're living in the 21st century. Watched the debate tonight on Channel 13 in Albany and was surprised to hear Tedisco read the stimulus bill...all 1,100 pages of it?  When he said he hadn't a week or two ago.  He kept hammering that point over and over...must be a speed reader, especially when he said how hard he's working for the people in the district he doesn't even live in.  Couldn't bear looking and listening to him over the media for another two years.  Murphy is clear, articulate and intelligent.  Tedisco is in the mold of his predecessors, Solomon and Sweeney who have no understanding of the changes going on in the world.

•  $50 from a Texas Democrat (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Team Slacker

devoted to the BETTER Democrat part of electing "more and better" Democrats. ;-)

The search for truth is more important than the maintenance of beliefs.

by scarlet slipper on Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 08:49:26 PM PDT

•  I'm broke, but I'm sending money anyway. (0+ / 0-)

I supported your campaign, and dozens of progressive Democrats in the last cycle. I'll find a way to send some cash.

Thank you, Congressman Massa [it felt so great to write that!]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site